Students and/or their families are responsible for providing their own computer systems to work on. Below you will find a list of minimum technical requirements needed on your computer for maximum compatibility with our learning management system and associated software.
- Microsoft Windows® XP, Vista, or 7 or Mac OS X+
Please note that some browsers may not render content adequately depending on the plugins installed on individual computers or restrictions imposed on such by pop up blockers, virus scanners or firewalls.
- Microsoft Office 2000, XP, 2003, or 2007® or compatible software (such as OpenOffice) for word processing, creating and reading spreadsheets, and creating presentations. You will not be able to complete school assignments if your software cannot open and save files using Microsoft Word, Excel®, and PowerPoint® formats.
- Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® — Version 9 or higher
- Adobe® Flash® Player — Version 10 or higher
- Windows Media® Player — Version 11 or higher
- Java - Version 6+
- High speed connection (e.g. Cable, DSL)
You are responsible for obtaining an Internet service provider. Connectivity issues due to ISP bandwidth limiting or interference are not within the control of SCIDES. If you experience such issues, please contact your ISP.
Some courses may require the following:
- Headset & Microphone
- Digital Camera
Other Mac/OS Programs:
Here are some additional programs that might be helpful if you are using a Mac / OS system:
Other Windows Programs:
Here are some additional programs that might be helpful if you are using a Windows system: