You are a Graduated Adult if...
- were 19 or older on July 1 of this current year (if you WERE NOT 19 on July 1st then you can normally take any course for FREE!) and
- if you have graduated from grade 12 in BC or any other place.
*The Ministry of Education has recently announced that there will be changes to the academic upgrading opportunities for graduated adults. Please see the Ministry’s News Release for more information.
Graduated Adults may continue to take any Literacy Foundations courses (please see this link for more information) for FREE/without paying tuition fees. The aim of the Literacy Foundations courses is to help students develop the knowledge and skills that they need to be successful in grade 11 and 12 courses or to upgrade skills needed for post secondary school or career opportunities. Most students who take Literacy Foundations courses are adults who have been out of school for many years.
More information on Tuition Free Foundation Courses (click here)
Okay, IF I have to pay tuition, how much will I have to pay?
- The standard tuition is $550 PLUS any necessary book deposits
- The tuition and book deposits must be paid prior to beginning the course
- Cancellations within 2 weeks of registration: $50 cancellation fee.
- Cancellation after 2 weeks of registration: NO REFUND.
- If you have completed more than 10% of the course marks, NO REFUND, no matter when you cancel.
Our home-based adult education programs won’t conflict with your work schedule, letting you proceed at your own pace. Although SCIDES is located in Merritt, our online high school courses are available to all adult BC residents wishing to take advantage of distributed learning for graduation or for upgrading.
We pride ourselves to be the best solution for adult learners, so don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss your individual education goals!